Kitchen Sponge could be 200,000 times dirtier than your toilet seat
Please like, share and tweet this article
A recent study has shown Kitchen sponges in people’s homes to be bacterial “hotspot”. No doubt this would come as a surprise to most of us who are ‘obsessed’ with cleaning everything in our kitchen from plates, cups, spoons to teapots. This shows that no matter how clean or unclean your Kitchen is your sponge provides an ideal place for bacteria to bread. This is due to the porous and absorbent nature of the sponge. According to the report published on the Nature Scientific website, a group of German researchers carried out a test on 14 different used kitchen sponges, the researchers found up to 54 billion bacteria per cubic centimetre. The house owners were also asked how regularly do they change the sponges and also whether they were regularly them. Again, the evidence from the report shows that kitchen sponges harbour more bacteria than the toilet.
Would sterilisation or cleaning in hot water help?
It can easily be established from the Scientists report that the conventional methods of using hot water or steriliser to clean sponges do not work. As a matter of fact, it dawned on them that the cleaning and sterilisation of the tested sponges actually made things worse. Although hot water and sanitisation kill some species of bacteria, it left some behind who were able to freely carry out spreading and growing at a much faster rate than before.
What can be done?
It was suggested that rather than cleaning and re-using the sponge; it is better to replace them. To discourage the spread of bacteria in the Kitchen, It would be good to regularly clean and disinfect the kitchen work surfaces and chopping boards with antibacterial sprays and wipes. Hands must also be thoroughly washed before using the sponge. A holistic home hygiene habits would be needed to regularly clean and disinfect all surfaces that are frequently touched such as door handles, taps, switches and bin lids
There’s no need to freak out as result of the findings of this report. It should be noted that many of these bacteria pose no harm to humans. In fact, they co-exist with us living in our bodies and in our houses. We just have to regulate and control them. Should need further information on how to keep your Kitchen or Office spotless, why not visit or speak to some at Office Cleaning London (Citywide) today!
Why You Should Hire a Professional Cleaning Company
Here are some of the reasons why you need to hire a cleaning company:
Save Time by Concentrating On the Things That Matter To You
As we all know time is money, most of the people can’t afford to waste 3 or more hours a day/week on cleaning? Just imagine of how much you can earn per hour or the quality time you can channel towards recharging your batteries for the coming days or weeks at work.
Hiring a Cleaning Company to do your cleaning will free up your time and allow you to concentrate on what you love doing the most…making money. I know for sure that most people would prefer to be involved in a lot of things other than being bogged down by household chores. You will be able to give yourself and your loved ones a break from time spent scrubbing and mopping floors. A lot of cleaning companies now offer bespoke cleaning services that suit various needs, you can now book daily, weekly, bi-weekly or one – cleaning services depending on what suits you.
Help Keep Your House/Office in Good Shape
For those of us who like cleaning our own place or office, we would be the first to admit that there are some parts of cleaning that will do not enjoy doing. Experience has shown me that even when you do the cleaning yourself on a regular basis and your house or office may look clean on the surface but yet may not be clean from dust and dirt that have built up over time. Professional Cleaning Company with proper products and tools guarantee a high standard of cleaning that will free your buildings free from contaminants such as mould, bacteria, allergies and pollutants. They are able to apply the same level of intensity and professionalism to cleaning from start to finish.
Help Preserve Good Image
Do you know visitors to your homes or Offices know when an office has not been cleaned by a professional cleaning company properly or not been cleaned at all? If it is a home, Families and Friends may let you know what they think but for Companies, they would simply avoid doing business with you. Hiring a professional cleaning company will ensure your building portrays the right image to your Friends or to Clients and Employees if you are a Company. There are times when we just don’t just have the energy to clean after a very long day at work or simply not in the mood for house chores like cleaning. Professional cleaning services will ensure service as usual as they are able to arrange Cleaners to clean at all time.
Ultimately this save you money and Help You Relax
Studies have shown that we are more motivated and productive in a clean environment and that buildings that are on a regular cleaning schedule cost less to maintain a professional cleaned and sanitised home or office with good indoor air will reduce illness and lighten the mood.
Fully Vetted Staff
From experience, some of the new Clients that we have now have had the bitter experience of picking their Cleaners from individuals advertising as Cleaners through corner shop windows. What they had experienced was that most of these people were not properly trained or fully vetted. They ended up hiring individuals they cannot trust or do the job properly. Most people do not have the time to carry out all the necessary checks on their would-be cleaners. Cleaning companies would have put its Staff through criminal record checks to make sure you only get Cleaners that have been properly trained and fully vetted!
Cleaning Companies Insurance Ensures Peace of Mind
Most Cleaning Companies are insured, this means their employees are insured against accidents, crime and any other liabilities while at your place. This is the type of peace of mind you will not get from Cleaners picked through your local corner shop windows.
The information in this text is offered by Citywide Cleaning Services. To find out more about our cleaning services in London and the nearby counties, please visit https://www.citywidecleaning.co.uk. To reproduce this article on your site, please make reference to our website as the original source. Reliable London Cleaning Company providing commercial cleaning services to businesses of all sizes in and around London Area.
Citywide is an independent office cleaning company that offers excellent cleaning and security services in London, Kent, Essex and Surrey Counties. With over 4 Offices across London, we can handle all sorts of cleaning contracts in London, Aldgate, Barking, Becontree, Bethnal Green, Bexley, Bow, Bromley, Bromley-by-Bow, Canary Wharf, Canning Town, Chingford, Clapton, Dalston, East Ham, Forest Gate, Hackney, Plaistow, South Woodford, Stamford Hill, Stratford, Walthamstow, Wapping, West Ham, White Chapel and Woodford Green
Clutter can be a nightmare if you don’t do something about it over a period of time. No one wants to visit or do business with an office that is full of clutter. Not only will Clutter put off potential Clients, affect the morale of your Staff but also may affect your state of mind. A home or an office full of clutter sends out the wrong type of message clients and friends alike. If you are feeling a little overwhelmed by the clutter and you feel you have to do something about it, this article is for you. Below are some great ideas on how to tackle the problem:
1. Make a Start. Start by doing something today. Leaving it till late will only compound the problem and make your house or office the opposite of what you want it to be…not relaxing and messy. You need your staff to work in a clean and organised environment that would motivate them to work better. People will also like to do business with your organization because of the image of cleanliness and composure will be sending out to potential clients.
2. Schedule a decluttering time. Years of experience in the business shows us that people accumulated clutter at homes or offices over a period of time. The best way to deal with clutter is to take a no-nonsense approach towards it. Don’t start decluttering only when it has now become a problem. Schedule a regular decluttering time. Depending on the level or the size of your home or office, I suggest you do this weekly for a big office or house and bi-weekly for a small space.
3. Give what you don’t need to Charity. Remember that what you don’t want others might need. Most of what takes up unnecessary space in our homes or offices are things that we don’t need or may never need but are being kept for emotional reasons. Take time to identify these things, separate them from what we need, box them up and take them to a charity of your choice. This way you will feel you are helping others.
4. Identify where things should belong. Once you have identified things you will like to keep, then the next thing is to identify where things should belong. This will not only help you tidy up your office or homes but will also manage your space. You may have a big house or office but may yet struggle to find enough space for you to relax or store things are important to you.
5. Set up folders. This will help organized Sometimes our papers pile up high because we don’t have good places to put them. Create some simple folders with labels for your major bills and similar paperwork. Put them in one spot. Your system doesn’t have to be complete, but keep some extra folders and labels in case you need to quickly create a new file.
6. File /arrange things where they should belong as quickly as possible. Once you’ve created your simple filing system, you just need to learn to use it regularly. Take a handful of papers from your pile, or your inbox, and go through them one at a time, starting from the top paper and working down. Make quick decisions: trash them, file them immediately, or make a note of the action required and put them in an “action” file. Don’t put anything back on the pile, and don’t put them anywhere but in a folder (and no cheating “to be filed” folders!) or in the trash/recycling bin.
7. Inform Colleagues about what you are doing. Sometimes the problem isn’t just with us, it’s with the person or people we live with. An uncluttered home is the result of a shared philosophy of simplicity of all the people living in the house. If you take a few minutes to explain that you really want to have an uncluttered house and that you could use their help, you can go a long way to getting to that point. Try to be persuasive and encouraging rather
8. Storage: Once you have decluttered and decided what to keep, then it’s time to look at storage. To maintain a clutter-free home it is important that everything has its permanent space, so it’s easy to find. So store like for like, such as all vases together. We use 20% of our possessions 80% of the time so put this 20% in the most accessible places. Treat yourself to storage items such as a filing cabinet, a shoe rack or a pretty box in which to keep sentimental items.
Finally, if you find all of these a tad overwhelming and you live in the London area, why not give Citywide Office Cleaning Company London a call on 020 8507 1623 or visit http://www.citywidecleaning.co.uk. We are a London based cleaning company providing quality office cleaning services, commercial cleaning, contract cleaning, domestic cleaning, home cleaning, school cleaning, residential cleaning and End of Tenancy cleaning services at competitive rates.