citycleaning1 Citywide Cleaning Services
SCHOOL CARETAKER REQUIRED
Citywide Cleaning Services is working on behalf of an independent school across London, to recruit a part-time school caretaker. We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking individual to carry out some caretaking, cleaning, arranging furniture and fittings, repairs and report any health and safety issue to the school.
Our Client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant must have the DBS clearance at an enhanced level.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Opening and closing, unlocking and locking of school gates and buildings
- Open and close the school for evening use at times arranged by the Headteacher
- Responsible for overall security of the school premises including the locking of all windows, doors and gates.
- Upkeep and general care of the school
- Carrying out minor repairs to property, fixtures, fittings and equipment, which are not beyond the scope of an unskilled handyman.
- Drawing the attention of the appropriate authorities, via the Head Teacher, to any repairs or maintenance work, which is beyond the competence and responsibility of Caretaking staff.
- General porterage duties and moving of furniture
- Preparation of Hall for functions as required
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings and clearing away afterwards
- Storing equipment and supplies safely
- Understanding fire safety regulations, Health and Safety regulations, emergency procedures and the rules for evacuating a building
- Ensuring disabled access to the building where necessary
- Play area maintenance and other Groundwork
- Replacement of lighting tubes/lamps
- Sweep yards, pick up litter and be responsible for the removal of all debris from paths, play areas, grassed areas, flowerbeds and all entrances.
- Directing workmen and contractors to the sites of repair and maintenance work and inspecting the work of contractors where there is a requirement to sign a satisfaction note.
- Assisting teaching staff with simple tasks as requested
- Checking damage/security every morning on arrival at the premises
- Receive and check goods and supplies and take them to the appropriate place for storage
- Ensure that all refuse is disposed of promptly and stored away from the main building
- Routinely clean lamp shades and light diffusers (strip lights). The height limit is eleven feet
- Ensure that clear passage is maintained on fire escape routes
- Test fire alarms weekly. Maintain test register
- Carry out periodic cleaning of all internal surfaces to a height of eleven feet from floor level
- Report any defects of building, furniture, fittings and equipment to the Secretary and Head Teacher
- Regular check of roofs for pooling, debris, plant growth etc.
- Regularly check and clean soffits, bargeboards and external lights
- Keep all hard surfaces free of moss and weeds
- Make safe any hazards and ensure that the area is cordoned off
- Keep paths, entrances free of ice and snow to ensure the safety of children, parents, staff and visitors.
AM Shift Mon – Fri
PM Shift Mon – Fri
4:00pm – 7:00pm
Qualifications and Skills
- Be calm and supportive
- Be flexible
- Be organised and be prepared to work outdoors
- Have the drive and energy to make a positive impact on the site and its development
- Have a good command of spoken and written English
- Must live local – Preferred
- Must have a valid DBS – Required
- Should have Building Maintenance experience – Preferred
- Should have some cleaning experience do you have – Preferred
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £9.00 to £12.00 /hour
Please head over to https://www.citywidecleaning.co.uk/cleaning-job-application-form/ to register/apply